Tuesday, November 4, 2008

11/4/08 Day 8

The biggest news today is that Ashlyn may come home tomorrow. Everything is looking pretty good, she is eating well. The blood culture has come back negative so far, so whatever bacterial growth she had is more than likely gone from the antibiotics. They took her off the second antibiotic today. She will go home on a med called elapril which helps her heart work better. She will go back a week after discharge to the cardiologist. No news on the Echo today or the 24 hour halter EKG. She ate for times in the night last night, which is really considering that spanned 8 hours. Tonight she seemed a bit off. She took a long time to drink her 9:00 feeding, and she wasn't interacting with me as much. They gave her Tylenol right before that feeding because she was cranky. She may just not be feeling well, she had a small fever. We gave her a bath and dressed the top of her incision. It had become red and irritated from her chin and pacifier resting on it, so they ordered her a cream to put on it. I have mixed feelings about her going home tomorrow. I am leaving tomorrow anyway, and part of me wants her to go home too, but part of me wants her to stay and recover more. It is scary to think about all she has gone through and how careful we have to be. I am scared she isn't ready and I will do something wrong. But I know they wouldn't send her home if she was not ready or if it was real risky or if they thought I couldn't handle it. She will be 9 days out tomorrow and they said it would take 7-10 or 10-14 days to recover and a month to recover fully. Her stats have So we will see in the morning what they say in rounds.

No comments: