Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Day 10 (9/30/08)












The surgeon's office called today. Surgery is scheduled for 10/27/08, four weeks from yesterday. She will be 6 weeks the Thursday after surgery. We are still waiting on the monitor and approval for the monitor. So sometime this week, she will come home. She has to go to her pediatrician within a day or two of discharge, and the cardiologist a week after discharge.
I was able to feed her twice today. She was kind of sleepy her first morning feedings, but very alert for the third feeding. When we left she was awake and content in her bassinet. She is getting annoyed at Mommy taking pictures, but she changes so much each day and I want to capture it. Grampy tried to protect her from Mommy's camera!

Her oxygen level is still fluctuating which is okay as long as it stays above 75%, which today it hit in the 90's for awhile even as high as 98%. Sometimes the sensors are sensitive and give false readings, and she still has not had any spells.
I think she is starting to realize who I am. She acts different when she sees me. Today it looked like she was trying to smile at me while drinking her bottle, but I think at this age they are supposedly too young to smile, unless in their sleep from gas. Hopefully she can come home soon so she can bond with her family. She is starting to bond with me and I try to hold her as much as possible even when sleeping for a bit because I am not with her for more than a few hours a day.

No comments: